WHAT is ISCed?
- ISCed will be a global, nonprofit (PBC), completely FREE Virtual School, blending emerging Open Source technologies with delivery and curricula.
- It will be the first ad-based school, generating operational revenue from family-friendly, unobtrusive digital advertising.
- Students will not be targeted; adult stakeholders will.
- It will align curricula to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) and each rigorous lesson will additionally be based on various Vocational Tracks (Career Clusters).
- It will exceed the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal 4, “Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all,” the multi-stakeholder engagement program operated by CIVICUS and Stakeholder Forum, in collaboration with UN DESA.
- It will leverage AI and the emerging Web 3.0, the Semantic Web, to serve up pertinent content and immediate feedback to students as they work and it will automatically connect students and stakeholders to collaborate.
- The first languages of ISCed curricula will represent students from the G7 and NICs economies, commonly grouped as the BRICS, CIVETS, MINTS, VISTA, Next Eleven, etc.
- Settings where Internet is limited or non-existent will not limit ISCed.
- Content delivery will optionally be scaled to a local intranet serving up lessons and media to personal devices.
- ISCed will reach everyone and everywhere.
- With solutions such as inexpensive tablets, and affordable Chromebooks, each student will be able to work at their own pace independently at home or in local clusters, pods, with trained facilitators, mitigating customary logistics.
- It will incorporate Project-Based Learning, making all lessons immediately relevant.
- It will facilitate collaboration between stakeholders: Instructors, Students, Parents and Community.
- It will integrate Common Core Character components, universally recognized values as both means and ends of each project.
- It will offer Tiered Diplomas
- Basic (Accredited Diploma – Credit Recovery Option)
- Honors (Major, optional Minor, Minimum standardized test score as exit exam)
- Vocational (Career Tracks/Clusters/Pathways) leading to Industry Certifications as exit exam)
What precedes ISCed?
- ISCED 1997
- ISCED 2011
- ISCED Program
- ISCED Mappings
- The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (UN)
- Stakeholder Forum
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
We are a group of U.S. public school teachers, administrators, instructional designers and I.T. professionals who recognize that the state of American public education can be summed up by the tale, The Emperor’s New Clothes.
Over decades, the U.S. system of education has become a cartel serving the adults, not the children. Some might argue, but the numbers speak for themselves.
Who is Failing Whom?
We adults are failing our children, not the converse. Per the tale above, the adults choose neither to see nor be accountable for this reality. That is a reality we refuse to accept. However, we are not interested in the blame game.
We are interested in solving the problem.
We demanded a better education for our own children, so we decided to design one, for all.
PARTNER with ISCed
Public, Private or PPP Partnerships Sought
If your organization has the human resources we need, the development budget is cut in half. Developed with a STEM 9-12 scope, the budget is reduced to 20%. We seek seed funding for development but per below, we have a solid plan for operating revenue.
Fact: Schools generate operating revenue from tuition or various forms of public funding.
Fact: ISCed will offer FREE, accredited, innovative Pre-K to 12 education for all students: World-Class Education for the World™
Problem: We cannot charge tuition and remain free. Even with our small operating budget, we do not expect any public organization to fund our operation.
Solution: ISCed will generate operating revenue from Digital Advertising, the first online school to do so.
ISCed will offer true equity in education via family-friendly ad sponsorship. Our segmentation is much wider than traditional marketing campaigns. We can keep the school free for all and do so in a non-invasive (zero digital data tracking = zero user privacy concerns) manner.
- ISCed’s content will increase users’ screen-time from minutes daily to hours. For example, Facebook, even with a relatively low click-through rate for ads than other websites, is renown for its fiscal strength and over time, ISCed has potential to be exponentially greater.
- Did you know that Facebook began as an educational environment and morphed, due to user behavior, into Social Media? As a result, content is truly not center to Facebook, rather, the social communication among advertisers and users is.
- ISCed’s content would be center by design but would leverage similar social functionality and scalability to bring users together in pairs and small groups to collaborate on school projects. With such dynamic and rich content, ISCed will morph into something much greater, further widening its audience segmentation.
- We embrace mobile; our model is based on it, then desktop, so we’re all about scalability and what comes next.
- Students will be the engine behind ISCed, ever increasing in numbers and demographics. In fact, our model can easily and relatively quickly scale to PreK-16.
- The ISCed user experience on the first day of school will remain the SAME through graduation. We’d do it without ads if possible but we have to keep the lights on.
Partner with us to start up an initiative that is truly disruptive, addresses multiple social issues, and empowers all students & stakeholders everywhere.
Contact us for a One-Page Executive Summary or Business Plan:
Ahead of the Curve
- The need for Universal Education leading to Global Competitiveness
- Far Too Few U.S. High School Graduates Academically Prepared
- The argument for Universal Preschool
- Shortened College – Graduates will be qualified with an ICSed Honors or Vocational Diploma
- Precision Education: The 10 fastest-growing jobs for the next decade and Emerging Markets Outlook
- Most families cannot afford post-secondary education, therefore good jobs
- Parent Component from Correcting Homework to trained Instruction
- Home-School – “School in a Box” Curricula
- Staff serves as Support, Guidance and Intervention
- PLCs of the most highly-qualified New & Veteran Teachers and Career Changers will author the curricula.
- As a result lessons will assure rigidity, relevance and deeply establish the relationships between student, teacher and subject
- Individual Pace & Entry Point (CLEP-type exams)
- Credit for Real-World Experience & Open Coursework
- No Grade Levels – Student Profile shows “Progress Meter” to Graduation
- Digital, Public Domain Textbooks/Multimedia – Paperless
- Web 2.0, Open Source Solutions/ Operating Systems
- Open Curricula – Member of/contributor to Open Education Consortium